COVID-19 and Artificial Intelligence: the pandemic pacifier

The current global technological leaders have proven that the retro modification of current data systems and applications have been indispensable in the war on COVID-19, thus permanently securing their development and application in future.

Profound social phenomena, i.e., globalism in combination with urban sprawl, population expansion and demographic changes, have profoundly altered the planet. Industrial Revolution 4.0 marks the dawn to the combination of digital, physical and biological systems, by application of digital skills such as Blockchain, Internet of things, Artificial Intelligence and Big data. This marks an empowering and inspiring era for medicine and science, where these technologies can automate interconnected ecosystems to enhance the experience of caregiving systems. This enabling us to analyze real-time data, model risk associations and predict future trends. The application of this technology in numerous healthcare and medical fields acting as a decision assistance tool will provide aid from diagnosis to prognosis. For example, detecting a myocardial infarction using a six lead ECG with a validated deep learning bases AI algorithm

full article

Monoclonal Antibody Cocktail therapy for COVID-19: A Pharmacological innovation

REGN-COV2 is such a cocktail developed with the use of two monoclonal antibodies REGN10987 and REGN10933 which have subsequently been named Imdevimab and Casirivimab

The novel SARS-CoV-2 infection has ripped through international health systems and protocols causing unprecedented mortality, morbidity and global trade deficits amounting to billions. Various monoclonal antibodies have been proposed for use in the treatment of COVID-19 infections. One such drug is LY-CoV555 which in an ongoing phase two trial study conducted by Chen P et al, showed to have an elimination of 99.97% of the viral RNA. The monoclonal antibody 47D11 discovered by Wang et al, binds to SARS-CoV-2. The 47D11 has been reconfigured into a human IgG1 isotope. It has shown that the 47D11 mAb effectively neutralizes the SARS-COV-2 virus. The stance and development however for the treatment of COVID-19 with monoclonal antibodies has shifted from a monotherapy to a so-called monoclonal antibody “cocktail” therapy.

full article

A contemporary insight of metabolomics approach for COVID-19: Potential for novel therapeutic and diagnostic targets

Evidence suggest that the viral infection triggers novel pathways and changes the cellular metabolites and so several proteins and metabolite levels become abnormal after SARS-CoV-2 infection.

The Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic is caused by rapidly spreading pathogenic virus known as severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), that affects vast majority of population worldwide. Although, around 80% of the cases had mild infection but still remaining 20% had developed respiratory failure and dysfunction of other organs that necessitate urgent oxygen therapy or specific interventions. Therefore, it is imperative to establish novel prognostic approaches to screen patients at high-risk of developing severe complications. The primary focus of current research for COVID-19 is to discover safe and efficacious vaccine for prevention and effective treatment for better management of the patients to overcome the pandemic. To achieve this goal, it is imperative to have better understanding of the molecular pathways involved in the pathophysiology and progression of severe COVID-19. The surge for reliable diagnostics and therapeutics targets for COVID-19 highlighted the great potential of high-throughput approach like metabolomics which may enable the development of personalized medicine.

full article
Pioneering the Future of Healthcare
Seeking investments that offer financial growth and a profound impact on the world? Look no further than Attison Global. We are a visionary company set to revolutionise the healthcare industry.